Used Cars for Sale Mallorca

Check out our page on Facebook for Used Cars for Sale in Mallorca. With over 4800 members, there are regular posts to purchase your next set of wheels.

Our FB page is on the second page of google when typing in Used Cars Mallorca


Here in Spain cars have to pass an ITV , which is like the MOT in the UK. This is done as per the year of the car and depending on what vehicle type you have and the purpose for the use of the car.

Hire cars have to pass the ITV every 6 months normally, as do some other commercial vehicles.

Servicios ITV – Book in a vehicle for ITV and then pay online.

English Registered vehicles can be transferred to Spanish plates if planning to stay longer than is allowed by the Spanish Laws.

Taking Vehicle out of the UK

Less than 12 months :-

You should take your vehicle log book (V5C) with you if you’re taking your vehicle abroad for less than 12 months. You may have to show it if you’re stopped at a port or while driving abroad by police / border controls.

Make sure your V5C has your current addreess.

You can apply in advance if you need to get a V5C or update your V5C before you travel. Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) it may take longer than usual to process.

UK law still applies to a UK-registered vehicle if you take it abroad for less than 12 months. That means you need to make sure:

  • your vehicle is taxed in the UK while it’s abroad
  • you have a current MOT
  • you have insurance

You’ll also need to make sure you meet any international or national conditions for licensing and taxation.

Bringing your vehicle back untaxed

If you bring your vehicle back to the UK untaxed you cannot drive it back into the UK – it’ll have to be transported and a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) must be made straight away.

Motorbikes & CBT

Whether on 4 wheels, or two, driving can be fun – Weekends away, the open road, driving holidays / road trips.

Check out our page on taking a vehicle abroad.

If you are on a motorbike, make sure you have the correct protective clothing for your trip / journey.

Compulsory Basic Training – CBT

Compulsory basic training (CBT) is a course you usually have to take before you ride a moped or motorcycle on the road.

The training makes sure you can ride safely on your own while you practise for your full moped or motorcycle test.

CBT is not a test that you pass or fail.

After you’ve completed CBT, you can ride a:

  • moped if you’re 16 or over
  • motorcycle up to 125cc and with a power output of up to 11kW if you’re 17 or over

You must use L plates (L or D plates in Wales).

You must pass your full moped or motorcycle test within 2 years, or you have to either take CBT again or stop riding.

You can be fined up to £1,000 and get up to 6 penalty points for riding if you do not have a valid CBT certificate.

Motor Goods

Driving in the UK

Contact the DVLA for information regarding a UK driving licence.

You an check what information DVLA holds about your driving licence or create a check code to share your driving record, for example to hire a car. View

Ministry of Transport Test – MOT

Once a car is three years old (four years in Northern Ireland) it must be tested each year to check it meets road safety and environmental standards.

Lorry Drivers

Become a qualified heavy goods vehicle (HGV) driver

Motor Goods

Car Rental in UK

Car Rentals

Safety whilst Driving


  • License
  • Insurance
  • Registration
  • Vehicle ownership documents
  • Emergency contact information

Car Repairs & Maintenance

  • Jumper cables
  • Spare tire and tire-changing equipment
  • Air pump
  • Multitool
  • Flashlight
  • Reflective triangles and/or flares

Get warnings on road hazards and speed cameras, see the link below.

Co Driver No 1

Sign up to Amazon Prime Video

Car Hire in Mallorca

Car Hire Companies In Mallorca  – Email – 971 267 849 – Email – 971 692 985 – 902 203 012 – 964 343 034 – Email – 971 789 670 – 971 545 291 – Email – 971 494 160 – 902 491 616 – 971 266 001

Medical Exam for Driving Licence

In order to get a driving license you will need to have a medical examination before you take your theory test.

Normal costs are around 50-60 Euros, and once done the information from the medical is sent directly to the DGT.

Where can I get the medical done?

How long is my driving licence valid for ?

Up until the age of 65For people over the age of 65
A1, A, B, B+E and LCC licensesRenewal every 10 yearsRenewal every 5 years
Professional licenses ( old BTP, C1, C1 + E, C, C + E, D1, D1 + E, D y D + E)Renewal every 5 yearsRenewal every 3 years
  • The A1, A, B, B+E and LCC licenses are renewed every ten years up until the age of 65
  • People over the age of 65 should renew their driving license every five years.
  • Professional licenses ( old BTP, C1, C1 + E, C, C + E, D1, D1 + E, D y D + E) are renewed every 5 years up until the age of 65
  • People over 65 years of age should renews every 3 years

What does the Spanish Medical involve ?

The medical examination will be a sight, hearing and co-ordination test in the form of a computer based driving simulation.

Transport in Mallorca


Please see the information we have gathered regarding transport, which includes, ferries, air travel, local public transport, train and bus. Also information on parking in Palma.

Soller Train

Soller Tren

El Tren De Soller. Tourist train which provides a service between Palma and Soller. Travellers wanting to use this service can buy tickets at he station on the same day of travel. It is not possible to purchase tickets in advance.

Bus /  Coach Companies

Discount Card – for Bus, Train and Metro Services for the TIB service –  Intermodal


Airport Bus Service – Aerotib

  • ticket price for bus curently €5.00  ( which is reduced to €1.00 per trip with the citizens card  – You have to top the card up first  –  here is a link to the fares.    The service is provided to the following areas …. routes
Logo EMT

Tarjeta Cuidanana – Citizens card to enjoy cheaper bus fares on the EMT transport system. You can obtain one of these if you are Registered  ( empadromiento ) in Palma.

Empresa Municipal de Transports Urbans de Palma de Mallorca

Customer service office , C/ Josep Anselm Clavé 5. 07002 Palma de Mallorca, (+34) 971 214 444,




TIBça d’Espanya, s/n, Palma,  (+34) 971 177 777 –

Opening times:   Monday to Sunday: 05:30 to 23:30


Car Hire /  Airport Parking

SIXT, Europcar, Hertz, Enterprise, Dollar and OK Cars are amongst the many car hire companies here in Mallorca. For further info


Balearia Ferries


Plane / Airlines

Palma Airport –

Airport Bus Service – Aerotib 

Parking in Palma

There is plenty of underground parking in Palma, and there are blue zones, where you have to pay, and white zones, where there is free parking  –  if you can find a space  !

  • There is an online app that you can use to pay for parking which is called MobiAppParc  –  

If you are a resident of Palma, then there is also the option of a parking permit. You have to be registered as living in Palma, and the car also needs to be registered at the same address. Then you can apply for the permit, which at the moment costs around €24 per annum.

To renew your residents permit –  click here for more information.

Transfer car ownership in Spain

What papers do I need to transfer a car over in Spain ?

  • permisso de circulacion
  • ficha technica
  • residencia
  • passport
  • compra venta  /  sales contract between buyer and seller
  • you will need to pay about 56 euros for the transfer tax at Traffico
  • then you will get a number and then go to the relevant desk at Traffico to finish the process.
  • car tax will need to be up to date also, if not this has to be paid before the transfer of ownership can take place

Obtaining a Spanish licence

It is now too late for the holder of an EU or EEA driving licence to exchange it for an equivalent Spanish licence.

To get a Spanish license visit the DGT website

An application should be made to the Provincial Traffic Headquarters of the applicant’s province of residence a completed application form needs to be completed. The form is issued by the Provincial Traffic Headquarters.

For further info visit the DGT . The website is available in English

Drivers who live in Spain permanently will now need to obtain Spanish licence by taking a new test.

A medical examination is also required.

Make an appointment